Elder Keato's Address

Igreja de Jesus Cristo dos S.U.D.
Caixa Postal 18404
Luanda, Angola

Monday, April 8, 2013

Awesome Week!

This week was a super good/busy one! 

So for the first part of the week it was just Elder Hansen and I working both of our areas. It went super well, it kept us super busy. We had some super cool experiences while we were together. There was a baptism this week with a guy named Isaac, it was probably one of the cooler baptisms I have seen yet. Let me tell you the events leading up to the baptism. So Elder Hansen and I met with him about 3 times this week making sure that everything was good to go and that he was prepared and every time you could just see how excited and ready he was. He is definitely one of the more spiritual guys I've ever taught. But... on Saturday he gave us a call and told us that he wanted to talk to us, so we ran over to his house(8X8 room) and he told us that he wanted to move the baptism back a bit, that he wasn't quite ready. He said that a doubt came up and that he didn't want to tell us what it was yet, that he wanted to wait for the right time... We were pretty bummed but just prayed that we would be able to say the right things and maybe answer his question. We were with him for about an hour. Oh yeah his brother was there too (probably the source of the doubting). But after the prayer he followed us out the door and told his brother that he would be back. He grabbed my by the shoulder and told me not to change anything, that he would be being baptized. I didn't know what to think! He said that everything he needed to know was said and that the spirit told him that this what he needs to do. 6 hours later he was in the water being baptized. It's always nice to have a reminder that the Spirit really is the teacher in this work and that he really does work through us we are obedient and worthy. He asked me to Confirm him yesterday and it was an incredible experience. 

Right before the baptism our companions got here! My comps name is Elder Yeanoplos from Tuscon, AZ. He is a super cool kid and super excited to start working. He speaks really good portuguese already too. Also here's the big bonus. He's a huge U fan! Woot. We're pretty few here on the mission...  It was pretty cool for him to see a baptism right after he landed. I'm sure that I am going to learn a lot more out of this training experience than him. It's going to be fun! I've forgotten all of the crazy things about Angola that he has brought up. 

I'm super excited to watch conference! It sounds like it was pretty awesome! We should be getting it here in the next 2 weeks or so. 

I love you all so much! Thanks for all that you do! You're awesome!

Love,

Elder Hyde

Pics:
1. Baptism of Isaac
2. Elder Yeanoplos and I
3. Albertina always wants pictures
4. Look what we found!




No comments:

Post a Comment