Elder Keato's Address

Igreja de Jesus Cristo dos S.U.D.
Caixa Postal 18404
Luanda, Angola

Monday, September 30, 2013

Weekly Update

Well it was another productive week here in Luanda! Things are going great with our investigators and I´m happy! The Lord has really blessed us with a great teaching pool. I am very grateful.

So this coming Saturday a few of our investigators will be baptized, Cristiano, Mendes, and Manucha. You all know Cristiano, he is continuing to completely amaze me every visit. He will be a great addition to the branch. He is so willing to do what the Lord wants him to do. You can tell a lot about the willingness of a person by when you teach them the Word of Wisdom. Most people react in a "Ah... I guess I´ll try" kinda way. But Cristiano basically just said, "consider it done". He likes his coffee and beer, but as soon as he heard it was a commandment he dropped them on the spot. This man is SO prepared. I´ll send you pictures of him next week. Mendes and Manucha are part of Fulai, Salvador, and Mimi´s family. Manucha is Mimi´s sister and Mendes is their cousin. They are both about 17 years old. They´re super excited! It has been so cool to see the Gospel change their family. The ones that used to be not interested are now seeing the changes in those that are coming to church and sitting with us and want what they have. It´s been a great experience. 

We had a big Zone Conference this week too which was great. It´s always so fun to get together with all of the Elders and get taught. Elder Pimentel (my companion) and I gave a training on working with less actives and recent converts and it went great! I love all of these Elders here so much, they are complete studs.

Today we got to go back to the orphanage that we used to go to! It has been a year since I´d been there and it was so fun to see all of the kids again! I attached some pictures:)

This work is incredible. It is such an great opportunity to be here. My testimony has grown so much as I have seen people completely change their lives to follow the Savior. I now know that the Lord has a plan for us, and that he is always watching out for us. Thank you all so much for your prayers and support! I hope that you all have a great week! LOVES!

Love,

Elder Hyde


No comments:

Post a Comment