Elder Keato's Address

Igreja de Jesus Cristo dos S.U.D.
Caixa Postal 18404
Luanda, Angola

Monday, September 23, 2013

Familiar Faces

Well it was another good week here in Luanda. Our area is progressing well and I feel like I´m progressing. Week after week I continue to learn more and more. These people have taught me so much over the past year or so, their humility and faithfulness is incredible. The Angolan people are without a doubt a God fearing people, they want so bad to please Him. 

Last week I talked a little bit about our investigator Cristiano. This man is my hero. He has been doing so well! He is so anxious to be baptized and is doing everything that he can to be prepared. He´s been lost for most of his life and is ready to come back to the fold. 

This past monday I got to see Albertina from Lubango! She was up here in Luanda for a wedding or something and her bus station just so happened to be in my area so we ran by to see her. It was awesome! She is the most amazing woman, the things that she has gone through are incredible. Hopefully one day I´ll be able to tell some of her stories, I don´t think it´s possible through email. It´s crazy that she has almost been a member for a year now... This week was full of seeing familiar faces. This weekend we had District Conference here in Luanda. It was so awesome to see all of the members come together. It put such a smile on my face seeing the people from the first branch that I served in. It has been exactly a year since I´ve seen them. At conference yesterday there was a total of 689 people in attendance. The church truly is growing here, there may not be many members yet, but man are they strong. 

It was a great week! I hope that everything is well on the home front and that you are all happy! I´m happy!

Love,

Elder Hyde




No comments:

Post a Comment