Elder Keato's Address

Igreja de Jesus Cristo dos S.U.D.
Caixa Postal 18404
Luanda, Angola

Monday, October 15, 2012

Weekly Letter

This week was awesome! Life is so good here in Luanda.

I'll start with a Kifika update. This guy is changing his life. I mentioned in last weeks email that he had relapsed a few times but that we weren't giving up on him. After emailing you all last week we went over to his house to chat with him, it was really good but he told us that he had had a little wine in the morning, and as we were walking away he told us how he also had a problem with weed. We told him that it wasn't a problem and that we would just focus on one of them at a time. As we walked back to the house that night, Elder Hobbs and I decided that it would be good for us to start passing his house daily, he has hardly none support, so we need to be that support. On Tuesday we told that we would start passing by every day, under the stipulation that we would only pass by if he hadn't drank at all that day. It has now been 7 days since Kifika has touched both Alcohol or Weed. Miracle. Everyday that we pass he tells us about the temptations that he had and the strength that he had to turn away from them. This man is a testament of the veracity of the Gospel! Yestarday he said something that really hit me, he said "I don't have food to eat and I'm hungry but that doesn't matter because I have God." Boom. How true is that. Does anything else really matter in this life? If we have that faith in God, that he truly does love us and know us, we can get through anything. 

This upcoming week we have two baptisms planned but as of right now I'm not really sure if they are going to happen. Their names are Carlos and Nice, Carlos is dating Nice's sister. They are both super ready but realize how big of a decision it is and want to make sure their making the right one. I talked to Carlos yesterday at church and he expressed his feelings about it all with me. He'll be baptized, it's just a matter of when. He speaks really good English which I love! We're good friends, he's the man. 

We have water! It was a rough last few weeks for all of Luanda but it seems to be better for the most part now. Energy still is off and on but we get by:)

Go Woods Cross! That is so sweet! I wish you could have all seen my reaction in this cyber cafe. haha. 

Also, shout out to Grandma on her Mission call! That is so cool! You will be awesome Grandma!

Thanks for everything! I love you all!

Love,
Elder Hyde


Lukey!! Dude!! Im so proud of you!, it sounds like you had a killer game! Please tell me that at least one of the tds was for me:)
Sam! You are an inspiration!
Con! Get better you. Thanks for the pic!
Syd! I love you sis!

No comments:

Post a Comment