Elder Keato's Address

Igreja de Jesus Cristo dos S.U.D.
Caixa Postal 18404
Luanda, Angola

Monday, April 28, 2014

Joy.

This week was another incredible week full of learning, teaching, and pure joy. 
Our investigator Jandira was baptized on Saturday and it was such a special baptismal service. Her whole family came and the spirit was so strong the entire time. She left the water with the biggest smile I think I've ever seen. That kind of happiness is called joy. Joy is so different from anything else in this world and we are so lucky that we have access to its source, the spirit and the truth.  The only way that we'll ever find true joy is through the gospel and through obedience to the commandments. It's sad that not many people have access to that indescribable feeling of joy. It talks about it quite a bit in the scriptures and it's usually associated with missionary work and repentance. Alma talks about joy a few times, once after being converted and having a mighty change of heart and again upon meeting the sons of Mosiah after serving their missions. But I think one of my favorites is in D&C 18 “And if it so be that you should labor all your days in crying repentance unto this people, and bring, save it be one asoul unto me, how great shall be your joy with him in the kingdom of my Father!” Joy, joy, joy. We were sent here to have joy!!! I am so grateful for my upbringing and for the fact that I was born into this incredible gospel.
I had an incredible birthday! The elders did a good job about making sure it was a special day. Good stuff!
I hope you all have an incredible week! I love and appreciate you all!
 
Love,
 
Elder Hyde



No comments:

Post a Comment