Elder Keato's Address

Igreja de Jesus Cristo dos S.U.D.
Caixa Postal 18404
Luanda, Angola

Monday, August 19, 2013

Howdy

Well, it was another great week! Let me tell you about some of it.

So a while back I mentioned something about one of our new investigators named Bela. I thought I would give a little update on her. Her and her family are probably some of the most prepared people that I have teached this far on my mission. So the family consists of Bela and her two kids, Isangela and Cicilia, Bela´s nephew Wilson, Bela´s brother Martins (he´s the one thats bed ridden), and Bela´s neice Luana. They are awesome. About a week ago we started reading the Book of Mormon with them just to give them a little push and now they are loving it. They read together nightly and actually understand! It is incredible, Cicilia and Luana are only 12 years old and are understanding the Book of Mormon better than I do. Unfortunately they haven´t been able to make it to church yet because of wedding and funerals but they´ll make it this week. We started teaching them the Plan of Salvation this past week and it has been so cool to see the light bulbs go off as we´ve taught. It is so easy to feel the spirit when we are there with them. It makes our job so much easier when they want  to feel and learn from the spirit. We plan on committing them to a baptismal date this week.

This week Elder Fontaine and I had the opportunity of helping with the districts big Helping Hands activity. This year they did a blood drive and a lot of people showed up to help. There is a huge lack of blood here in Angola and a huge need for it. It was cool to see the members so willing to help in a good cause. There was a clinic that came to do the blood work and it was a great opportunity for mission work. They were all given Book of Mormons and we explained a little about it to them. It was cool, I talked to the head doctor who is from Cuba for about 15 minutes, he spoke spanish and I suprisingly understood mostly everything. It was a super cool experience. There is nothing better than service!

This week Mimi and Flora are getting baptized. I don´t know if I have mentioned anything about Mimi yet but she is the neice and cousin of a few members in the branch. She is cousins with Fulai and Salvador that were baptized at the camping trip. They are both so excited for their baptisms! As am I! It has been super special to see them change over the past month. I´ll be sure to send pictures next week.

The work is going great and I am loving life as a missionary! Sorry this email is kind of lame... There is just no way to explain everything in a short email. 

I love you all and hope that you have a great week! 

Love,

Elder Hyde

No comments:

Post a Comment