Elder Keato's Address

Igreja de Jesus Cristo dos S.U.D.
Caixa Postal 18404
Luanda, Angola

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Awesome Week


I had another awesome week! Let me tell you all about it.

This week I was able to see a lot of answers to a lot of prayers. This past week as we were doing our shoping on P-day and one of the employees stopped me and asked me who I was and all that stuff. He was super interested in our message and what these white guys were doing here in the middle of Angola. A few days ago we were able to have our first lesson with him and it was by far one of the best lessons I've had on the mission yet. His name is Augusto and he is an incredibly humble guy. We taught him the Restoration and he absolutely loved it. He was dying to know our meetings were and how he could learn more. He showed up to church on Sunday in a suit all ready to go. This branch really needs more men that will be able to be leaders and help move the branch along. Augusto is one of those guys. He was definitely an answer to a prayer. 

This Sunday was the last Sunday with the Violin's, and it was super special. They both spake in sacrament meeting and you could really tell just how much they love these people and dedicated they are to the work. I have been incredibly impressed by the way they have been able to dedicate themselves. They truly have given this work all that they've got and have made a huge difference here in Lubango. Yesterday we went to Tundavala with them for the last time and it was an awesome experience. The pictures just don't do its justice. It is by far one of the most beautiful places I have ever been.

All of our other investigators are doing great. We were able to get 8 of them to church this Sunday. By the way things are going right now we should have a few baptisms by the end of the month.  I pray that the Lord keeps blessing us here in Lubango! 

I was thinking about the mission this week and realized that it's a lot like golf, it is really hard and pretty frustrating at times but every once in a while you hit a good shot and it makes you want to keep playing. I love this mission so much and am so grateful for all of these opportunities that the Lord is blessing me with. I have learned so much over these last past months. I wouldn't trade this time as a representative of the Lord for nothing! 

I hope you all have an awesome Spring Break! I love you! 

Love,







Elder Hyde

No comments:

Post a Comment